Monday, June 13, 2011

Why I Miss Jenny...


I’ve been traveling by myself for a bit now but spent the most alone time in Lake Como. All of the girls in my room spoke German so, that left me out a bit. That being said, I had a lot of time to think, and much of what I thought about there was why I miss Jenny. So here’s where I take a minute to tell you just why that is while you look at my pictures of Lake Como…

I miss having someone to stare blankly at at the breakfast table because we are not morning people.

I miss knowing who is sleeping above, and below me.

I miss having someone in my pictures.

I miss having someone to talk through major navigational decisions with.

I miss the sound of her change hitting the ground several times daily.


I miss having someone to talk me out of, or into as it may be, a second gelato for the day.

I miss top bunk picnics.

I miss going for “a” drink.

I miss general banter. My own head talks way too much.

I miss having a dinner companion so waitresses don’t always have to say, “JUST one?”

I miss having a mutual siesta taker.

I miss having someone to “bang out” the sights with. Imagine how quickly I can do this alone.

I miss someone to take jumping pictures of me. That’s not one you can really ask strangers to take the time to do for you.


I miss her because senior pic’ing alone is just, well, lame.

I miss an up-for-anything (except beer) motivator.

I miss getting to verbally witness a sight with someone for the first time.

I miss Turbie Twist time.

I miss knowing who’s next to me on various modes of transportation won’t smell bad.

I miss her company on all accounts.

I miss having someone to laugh with and share frustrations with.


I miss having someone with me who always supports me and is always looking out for me.

I miss being in my own room with someone.

I miss having someone who stays awake on trains so I can sleep and not miss the stop.

I miss my other Parisian Idol judge.

But mostly, I just miss YOU, my cousin, my travel companion, my friend.

And NowEuropeToDate...

1 comment:

  1. Miss you too! I see your pics and feel like I'm missing out!

    ReplyDelete